Office of the Registrar
The Office of the Registrar is the College’s data center whose primary responsibility entails collecting, storing, and maintaining academic records for the current and historical student body. The Office of the Registrar collaborates with internal and external constituents to enhance the total collegiate experience of student matriculation at Arkansas Baptist College.
Dr. Jerelyn L. Duncan – Registrar – 501.420.1237
Mr. Maurice Tatum – Assistant to the Registrar – 501.420.1238
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
Obtaining Transcripts of Record
A transcript of record must bear the corporate seal of Arkansas Baptist College, the date of issue, and the signature or the registrar in order to be official. Some institutions use electronic signatures and seals affixed to special safety papers, which make duplication virtually impossible. Transcripts that apply this technology are acceptable.
To obtain a Transcript of Record or to have Arkansas Baptist College send a transcript of record to a third party, the student must be prepared to provide the following information:
a. The student’s signature supported by a social security number or the unique student number issued by the academic computer. (We do not recommend that students include their social security number in e-mail postings,) The unique Arkansas Baptist College ID number appears on the student ID card, transcript of record, individual financial account with the College, and adjacent to the name on all class rosters and grade reports. Note that we cannot accept a “typed” or printed signature unless either or both are accompanied by the student’s cursive signature.
b. An individual address or “fax” (facsimile) number to which the transcript is to be sent which can be entered into our computer system as a means of tracking the transcript and verifying the address or number to which it was sent.
c. The name of the individual, company, educational agency, or institution to which the transcript of record is being released.
d. Evidence that the student account is in good standing.
Intra-College transcripts from the registrar’s office to a department, division, school, dean, placement office, or adviser are free. Such transcripts are issued under the terms and conditions of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act [FERPA] with the specific understanding that the transcript will not be released to a third party. Intra-College transcripts will be issued only to those officials and faculty members with a legitimate need to know the contents of a student record.
Students may obtain a copy of our Request for Official Transcript of Record from by clicking here (include link to PDF). Simply print the form, fill it out completely and either mail it or “fax it” to the Business Office. The mailing address is on the form. The “fax” number is 501.375.9257.
To receive “counter service,” a student must:
- Complete a Request for Official Transcript of Record form at the counter in the Business Office.
- A business office staff person will initial the form to verify that the account is in good standing.
- Return completed and initialed form to the Registrar’s Office where the Assistant Registrar for Transcripts or another staff person will issue the transcript. Note issuance of Official Transcript of Record may take up to 7 days for processing.
The Assistant to the Registrar for Transcripts and Records will control the release of transcripts and will coordinate the release of transcripts with the College’s business office. No transcript is to be released without the knowledge and approval of the Assistant to the Registrar for Transcripts. Each transcript that is released is logged into our computer system so that we will have an audit trail.
Official Transcript Fees
An “official” transcript is a statement of the student academic standing, bears the signature of the “Registrar” or other authorized official, and the legal seal of Arkansas Baptist College. An official transcript is mailed directly from the Office of the Registrar to another institution or agency upon receipt of a written request signed by the student. A $5.00 fee is charged.
Other Services by the Registrar’s Office Include:
- Maintain accuracy and data integrity of academic records
- Interpret the academic policies covered in the student handbook
- Maintain the Degree Audit module in Comprehensive Academic Management System (CAMS)
- Evaluate and post credits for transfer for students
- Certify undergraduate students for graduation
- Maintain the students’ billing addresses (address to which grades are mailed)
- Change majors, minors, and advisers for the student population
- Prepare enrollment verifications, loan deferments, and Veterans Affairs reporting
- Key holder for Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) reports
- Prepare semester and summer school class schedules
- Verify and run all grade rosters
- End-of-term retention notifications and statistical reports
- Issue official transcripts
- Maintain classroom assignments
- Responsible for the logistics of the Honors Convocation, Baccalaureate, and Commencement
- Maintain enrollment verification in the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
- Service and Designated School Officer (DSO) for the admittance of international students