Arkansas Baptist College invites applications for the following positions:
Chief Academic Officer
Arkansas Baptist College is accepting nominations and applications for the position Chief Academic Officer (CAO). Reporting to the President, the CAO, is a member of the Executive Administration, and staffs the Academic Affairs committee of the Board of Trustees. The Chief Academic Officer is accountable for the leadership, creative vision, direction, and coordination of the academic programs and academic support services of the College and the administration of the Academic Affairs Division and its budget.
Positions responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Assist the President in advancing the mission and vision of the College
- Make recommendations to the President concerning all faculty and curriculum matters.
- Collaborate with executive team members to ensure prudent administrative, financial, enrollment, and academic decisions.
- Promote the development of teaching excellence and scholarship.
- Provide leadership to academic division heads, chairs, and, directors of academic support services; and the Faculty Senate, for achievement of strategic goals.
- Oversee the initiation, development, and revision of all academic programs and the approval and implementation of academic policies.
- Hold membership on the Executive Team, Academic Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees, and other groups as necessary.
- Collaborate with executive team members to ensure prudent administrative, financial and academic decisions.
- Serves as Chair of the Academic Affairs Council, and other academic affairs meetings as needed.
- Represent the College and give leadership in the local and larger community as related to the office.
- Collaborate with the President for grant-writing and fund-raising activity particularly as these functions pertain to the academic offerings and life of the College.
Required qualifications, skills and accomplishments:
- A doctoral degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- A successful record of academic administration, collegial and shared governance;
- The ability to facilitate innovation and growth among faculty and staff;
- A creative and visionary leader with a strong work ethic and high energy level;
- Knowledge of national trends and developments in higher education, including distance learning, enrollment services, and outcomes assessment is necessary; and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and values consistent with the Baptist mission and identity of Arkansas Baptist College.
To apply for the above position, interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to HR@arkansasbaptist.edu ; review of credentials to begin immediately and continue until the position vacancy is filled.
Director of Human Resources
Arkansas Baptist College Human Resources
Arkansas Baptist College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national, origin, disability, veteran status , or any other protected class applicable to federal and state laws.